The erectile dysfunction is a condition in which there is an inability to get or maintain a firm erection for sexual intercourse. The male sexual arousal and erection is a complex process that involves psychological, hormonal, bloodvascular and muscular factors. A problem with any of these can lead to the temporary or permanent erectile dysfunction. The erectile dysfunction often leads to stress, emotional torment and relationship problems. The treatment for erectile dysfunction includes exercising regularly to avoid bloodvascular problems and oral medications to increase the blood flow into the penis.
Ayurvedic Description Of Erectile Dysfunction:
According to Ayurveda, the erectile dysfunction is called Klaibya, which is caused due to vitiation of Vata dosha in the body. On the basis of the causes, seven types of Klaibya are mentioned in Ayurvedic texts-
- The Manasik klaibya is caused by the psychological factors.
- The Doshaj klaibya is caused by physiological factors.
- The Shukra kshayaj is caused by deficiency of Shukra dhatu.
- The Vyadhij klaibya is cause by some other diseases like diabetes, obesity, UTI etc.
- The Aghataj klaibya is caused by surgical or accidental trauma.
- The Shukra nirodhaj klaibya is caused by thesuppression of sexual urge.
- The Sahaj klaibya is congenital in nature.